17 August 2021
The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Government’s Chief Minister Andrew Barr has today (Monday 17/08/2021) announced that the ACT will extend its current one-week lockdown into a 21-day lockdown, until 5:00pm Thursday 2/09/2021. People in the ACT can only leave their homes for essential reasons. The full list of current restrictions can be viewed on the ACT Government’s website.
Northside is following the advice of the ACT Government and the impact of today’s announcement on our programs and services can be found in the documentation below.
Four of our Early Childhood Centers remain open. Yurauna Early Childhood Centre is closed due to the CIT Reid campus being identified as a close contact location. These four Centres are open to children of families who are essential workers and children that are experiencing vulnerability.
- Civic Early Childhood Centre
- Harrison Early Childhood Centre
- Majura Early Childhood Centre
- Treehouse in the Park Early Learning Centre
Aged Care is delivering essential services only. This means domestic assistance services have ceased. All other services are being triaged based on client needs and consultation. We are still conducting unassisted shopping, personal care, transport for medical appointments, and medication and clinical services. We are significantly short-staffed with many employees required to isolate, with this number continuing to increase.
Housing and Engagement
The Housing and Engagement team remains virtually engaged with clients. They can be contacted as usual via phone, email and social media. The team’s business hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Keep an eye on our social media channels in the coming days for virtual engagement opportunities.
Mental Health and Wellbeing during COVID-19
The impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, social distancing, and isolation can make us feel anxious and stressed. For more information on mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 please visit the ACT Health website.
If you are having very strong feelings of worry, unease, fear, or are struggling to cope, it is important that you reach out. A list of support agencies is below.
- Your personal GP
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Lifeline Crisis Support Chat
- Beyond Blue – 1300 224 636
- Beyond Blue Online Chat
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- Suicide Call Back Service Online Chat and Video Counselling
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800
- Headspace Canberra – (02) 5109 9700
- MensLine Australia – 1300 789 978
- Canberra Health Services Access Mental Health – 1800 629 354 or (02) 6205 1065
Safety in the Home and Self-Isolation
If you or someone you know needs to self-isolate but doesn’t feel safe at home, there are several agencies you can contact for support.
- Safe Steps 24/7 Family Violence Response Line – 1800 015 188.
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service – 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Centre Against Sexual Assault – (03) 9635 3610
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line – (03) 8345 3495
- InTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence – 1800 755 988
- WithRespect – 1800 LGBTIQ (1800 542 847)
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 1800
Masks and Social Distancing
All individuals in the ACT who are aged 13 years and older will be required to wear a mask when in public, including in the workplace. Where possible we are conducting services via phone or video conferencing. Your safety and wellbeing are of paramount importance to us, and we will endeavour to check in with those who need our support over the coming days.
For further information, please call us on (02) 6171 8000 or contact us via email at email@example.com.
Please stay safe, be kind, and remember to look out for one another. Thank you for your cooperation and support during these challenging times.