Feeling connected to friends, family and communities is vital to healthy ageing.
Social inclusion is not just about place, public safety and age friendly built-environments that promote independence.
It’s also about attitudes – breaking down stereotypes, anti-discrimination, and the right to a fair and equal go, regardless of age.
It’s a about the right to work, participate, contribute and benefit.
Design your own Social Support Services
- transport assistance to appointments
- • one on one individual support
- • social outings with a volunteer
- • assistance to visit shops and complete errands
- • one on one social visits to the home for companionship
Northside also facilitates social groups which occur three times a week.
- Tuesdays 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesdays 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Fridays 10.00am – 1.00pm
Group events provide individuals with the opportunity to:
• participate in group outings around the ACT region
• attend education and training sessions to meet common interests
• enjoy gentle exercise
• attend BBQs
Participating in social groups is a great way for individuals to share and gain knowledge and skills, build friendships and experience their community more fully.
Safe and convenient transport is provided to participants to and from all activities. Afternoon or morning tea is provided at each session.
To find out more about our outreach and social inclusion services, please call the Client Intake and Assessment Officer on 02 6171 8000. If you would like to submit a referral for services, either for yourself or someone you know, you can complete the referral form and submit it to the Intake and Assessment team.