Northside Women’s Supported Accommodation Program (NWSAP) is a confidential supported accommodation and outreach program for women with or without children who are homeless as a result of leaving domestic violence.
Our NWSAP team recognise the courage and strength it takes to both stay in and leave a relationship that involves family and domestic violence. Our team aims to support clients to make choices to help achieve the goals they have for themselves and their children. The NWSAP team members are qualified to refer and advocate on behalf of clients with other services both government and non-government.
Support we offer includes:
- transitional accommodation for up to 12 months
- support to regain control, confidence and strength
- connection with specialist services e.g. legal, counselling, parenting support, health services, and domestic violence support
- linkages to education, employment and training
- court support
- support to access long term affordable housing options
How to access NWSAP
To access NWSAP clients need to be referred to Northside Community Service via FirstPoint. This is a free service for Canberrans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
FirstPoint 1800 176 468
Domestic Violence Crisis Service (24 hrs) 02 6280 0900
Emergency (Ambulance, Police and Fire Department) 000
Police Attendance 13 14 44
Lifeline (24 hrs) 13 11 14
Canberra Rape Crisis (24 hrs) 02 6247 2525
Women’s Legal Centre – Canberra 02 6257 4499, or outside Canberra 1800 634 669
Women’s Information and Referral Centre 02 6205 1075