We are seeking applications for a Human Resource Advisor for a maternity leave cover position for a period of 9 – 12 months, commencing as soon as possible.
This role can be negotiated as full time or part time.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- To provide timely day-to-day HR advice, support and consultancy to Managers and employees
- To provide advice and support in workforce planning, recruitment and selection, on boarding, employee relations, performance management, volunteer coordination and conflict resolution.
- Ensure quality and compliance of HR documentation
- Interpret and understand Northside’s Enterprise Agreement, relevant Awards, National Employment Standards and Fair Work Act
- Administer and manage workers compensation claims and correspondence
- To be the central contact for all Human Resources Operations
- Work closely with Payroll
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the delivery of human resources policies and services
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to build business partnerships
- Strong written communication skills
- Capacity to manage multiple projects, working independently, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent self-awareness, judgement and ability to innovate
- Relevant Human Resources qualifications and experience
- Current Working with Vulnerable People registration
- Consent for a National Police check to be conducted upon commencement of employment
- Experience in the not for profit sector with knowledge of Community and Children’s Services desirable
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position please send your CV along with a 1-2 page cover letter addressing the selection criteria outlined in the position description to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Tuesday 22 May 2018.
A copy of the Position Description can be found here: Position description
Northside Community Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people from CALD and LGBTIQ communities.