Northside’s Community Service team has a reputation for courage in practice. We encourage our clients to live the lives they want to live, supported by the best in the industry.
Northside Community Service is a community-based not-for-profit organisation, providing support and services across Canberra’s northern suburbs. We are looking for exceptional Home Support and Transport Workers to join our team.
To do this, you will have:
- A commitment to supporting older citizens to achieve their goals and maintain their independence.
- A strong work ethic and a flexible, values based approach;
- An ability and willingness to listen, learn and respond to a broad range of needs, goals and aspirations of diverse members of the community
- An ability to provide exemplary in home support, via Domestic Assistance, Personal Care and connection to community via Individual Social Support and Group Support.
- An ability to provide community transport services using a sedan, mini bus and if appropriately licenced a light rigid bus.
- A calm, reliable and warm approach to relationships with clients and team members;
- A commitment to providing a person centred approach.
The success candidate will have a Certificate III in Home and Community Services, or willingness to undertake this qualification, a full drivers licence and have a genuine passion caring for the vulnerable in our community. A highly desirable candidate will also have a LR, MR or HR licence.
Northside Community Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people from CALD and LGBTIQ communities.
To apply for this position please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications, experience, interest and suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the Position Description can be found here: PD Home Support_Transport Worker
Applications close Sunday 25 November 2018.