About the role
We are looking for an exceptional and courageous leader to take on the role of Centre Director at Northside’s Treehouse in the Park Early Childhood Centre that is rated Exceeding under the National Quality Standard.
This role is not about “passion” or “love”, but about highly professional approaches to driving positive outcomes for children and families in the most crucial period in a person’s life – the first five years.
As Nominated Supervisor the Centre Director will lead a high performing team of educators at Treehouse and will report to the Executive Director Children’s Services.
This role is a permanent full time role.
Skills and experience
We’re looking for an early childhood leader who:
- Has considerable prior experience in a Centre Director role
- Has extensive experience and understanding of the responsibilities of a Nominated Supervisor
- Is an exceptional communicator – especially with children, with families, with your team of Educators and with your Centre Director colleagues;
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of early childhood education principles and practice (as aligned to the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Framework);
- Has a strong, working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing early childhood education in the ACT;
- Has high expectations for children and educators and the early childhood profession and a strong sense of professional identity
- Has extensive experience as a pedagogical leader
- Is committed to advocating for and advancing children’s rights and issues of social justice
- Has well developed operational management skills and experience
All candidates must:
- Hold or be actively studying towards obtaining an Early Childhood Teaching degree-level qualification (as recognised by ACECQA)
- Hold a current Working with Vulnerable People registration.
- Be an Australian permanent resident
Job benefits and perks
What we can offer you:
- Professional learning and development such as workshops and seminars on a wide range of professional early childhood education topics,
- Professional pathways in a growing and innovative early childhood organisation
- Strong leadership in an exceptional and courageous Children’s Services team
- Generous salary packaging incentives
View our Professional Development calendar here: northsideact.eventbrite.com.au
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact the Executive Director Children’s Services Anna Whitty on (02) 6257 2255.
To apply please respond to the selection criteria in this role’s position description: Position Description along with a copy of your resume and email it to:
Amie Lording, HR Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include responses to the Selection Criteria in your application. Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications close COB Friday 24 November 2017.
Northside Community Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people from CALD and LGBTIQ communities.